£20,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
- 40 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days including evenings and weekends
The Bar Supervisor will be part of the Kennels team and will report to the Kennels Assistant Bar Manager.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
Purpose of the role
Responsible for providing an exceptional experience for customers to the Kennels private members club, offering a warm welcome and friendly, enthusiastic service. To supervise the bar team and offer training and development support where necessary.
- To serve food and drinks to customers in a friendly and helpful manner;
- To be knowledgeable about the food and beverage offerings, maximising upselling opportunities where possible;
- To maintain the bar area to a high standard by ensuring that front and back of house areas are clean and tidy;
- To keep track of stock levels and order additional items as and when required;
- Follow the correct procedures for opening and closing the bar;
- To assist in the supervision of the team and ensure all duties are carried out as required;
- To be fully conversant with the Licensing Act 2003 and the Weights & Measures Act 1963 and any recent updates;
- Any other duties which may be reasonably requested by the Kennels management team.
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Proven, relevant experience of working in a busy bar;
- Ability to anticipate guest needs and exceed expectations;
- Own or reliable transport is essential due to the rural location of Goodwood.
- Please view the document (opens in a pop up)