Hound Lodge Junior Butler
£21,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
- 40 hours worked on 5 out of 7 days including evenings and weekends
The Hound Lodge Butler will be part of Hound Lodge team reporting to the Hound Lodge Head Butler.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
Purpose of the role
Under the guidance and support of the Head Butler, deliver the Hound Lodge guest journey from arrival to departure exceeding guest’s expectations. To support the Head Butler and Hound Lodge team during stays, and deliver a prestigious service following the Hound Lodge standards and procedures at all times.
- To support the Head Butler during the build up to and during guest stays ensuring that additional staff are following the correct procedures
- To ensure that the food and beverage areas are clean, tidy and presentable at all times
- To undertake cleaning duties where necessary and ensure exceptional presentation of Hound Lodge at all times
- Supporting the Head Butler with undertaking monthly stock takes of supplies and beverage and ensuring adequate stock at all times
- To meet and greet all guests and organise luggage and valet parking
- To provide an exceptional service to guests of food and beverage including tea, dinner and breakfast.
- To undertake over night shifts when necessary at Hound Lodge, independently delivering service in line with procedure.
- To undertake additional duties as necessary to support the needs of The Kennels and Hound Lodge.
- To assist at The Kennels if necessary when Hound Lodge is not occupied.
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Confidence when dealing with people of all levels and backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Highly organised, with excellent attention to detail
- Immaculate personal presentation
- T. literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Previous Experience of working within the hospitality industry
- A drivers licence and transport are essential for this role