The Kennels Events and Membership Assistant will be part of The Kennels Events & Membership Team and report to The Kennels Membership Events & Membership Manager.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
Purpose of the role
You will be responsible for growing the Kennels membership product by driving external and internal sales opportunities by actively promoting The Kennels within Goodwood and outside Goodwood. You will also be responsible for promoting Kennels events and associated administrative tasks and planning.
- Handle Kennels Membership general correspondence and host Kennels New Members Evenings.
- Proactively sell Kennels Membership in order to achieve budget and complete monthly reports on actions and results.
- Attend local business networking events and host The Kennels’ own Goodwood for Business monthly networking event.
- Be fully competent in all membership systems and process memberships in the absence of the Kennels Events & Membership Manager.
- Support the Kennels Events & Membership Manager in planning the calendar of events, creating BEO’S and other support admin.
- Be present on event by hosting and ensuring the smooth running of the calendar of events, which will include some evening and weekend work.
- Stationery ordering and stock control.
- To undertake additional duties as necessary to support the needs of the business.
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Proven relevant administration experience
- Great people skills, dealing with the team and customers
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft office
- Ability to work to deadlines
- A customer focused outlook
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to cope with peak workloads
- A willingness to get stuck in, immersing yourself in the events and the team
- You'll be a pro-active self-starter, always looking for ways to improve processes
- Previous relevant experience of using databases/systems
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours which may include weekends, evenings and bank holidays